We offer a variety of fund options to suit your charitable interests, your time horizon, and the level of involvement you want in annual granting. Any of these funds can be established in your name, or in the name of your family, your organization, or anyone you wish to honour (minimums may apply). All grants distributed from your fund — today and in the future — are then awarded to charities in the name of your fund.
Fund types include:
- Donor Advised Fund – Annually, you work with our granting team to identify ways to use dollars from your fund to address the issues and needs you care about most.
- Field of Interest Fund – You identify issues you care about, such as; the arts, aging, the environment or affordable housing - and we make grants on your behalf.
- Designated Fund – You select the charities upfront and we designate your grants to them every year
- Unrestricted Fund – Your gift is directed to a fund within the Community Fund and will be used to meet ever-changing community needs – including future needs that often can’t be anticipated at the time you set up your fund
- Charitable Organization Fund – is an attractive option for local charities that currently manage, or are interested in establishing their own endowment fund through the Kitchener Waterloo Community Foundation. You build the fund. We take care of the rest.
- Scholarship Fund – is your chance to invest in your community’s future and show students you care. We provide the expertise to help you award scholarships, based on the criteria you establish, to help students achieve their lifetime dreams.