The Kitchener Waterloo Community Foundation is a leading community-building organization in Waterloo Region, focused on collaborating with partners to identify and meet the current and future needs of our communities by enabling social capital and developing creative forward-thinking innovative solutions for place-based philanthropy.
- Act as a community catalyst. Because community foundations support all kinds of charities, we are well positioned to bring people and organizations together to address local issues and opportunities, and then collaborate on solutions.
- Take a long-term view by building assets to ensure grants are always available to support the community.
- Are governed by a Board of Directors and Committee members, with strong ties to our community, who offer their expertise and leadership to be effective stewards of today and take us where we need to go tomorrow.
- Seek out the most innovative and effective organizations to help Waterloo Region residents now – and in the future. These partnerships span local, provincial, national and international organizations in both the public and private sector.
- Are driven by results. We work in collaboration with community partners to set meaningful financial and social impact goals and achieve them together.
- Initiate focus on areas in the community requiring attention; re-direct funds as community needs change and facilitate discussions with other funders to align and support transformational projects.
We make it easy for individuals and organizations to do more good.