You can make a lasting difference in any of the following ways:
- Make an outright gift of cash, stocks, bonds, real estate, or other assets to The Kitchener and Waterloo Community Foundation. Your gift qualifies for maximum charitable benefit under federal law.
- Give appreciated securities to your community foundation to eliminate capital gains tax and get an immediate tax receipt for the market value of those securities.
- Designate a gift or portion of your estate to your community foundation and, in some cases, receive a substantial reduction in federal gift and estate taxes.
- Designate the community foundation to receive a portion or all or of the proceeds from your life insurance, reducing your estate taxes, or you can transfer the policy to the foundation's name and receive an immediate tax receipt for the cash surrender value.
- Place cash or property in a Charitable Remainder Trust that pays annual income to you (or another named beneficiary) for life. After your death, the remainder of the trust transfers to your community foundation, and is placed in a charitable fund you've selected. You receive income tax benefits the year you establish your trust.
- Transfer an existing Private Foundation or Charitable Trust. Administrators may find it practical and economical to transfer assets to a Fund within The Kitchener and Waterloo Community Foundation. This will ensure that the intent of the fund is maintained for generations.
- Establish a corporate giving program. A business may find it advantageous to use the Foundation as a vehicle for its community giving. A fund might honour a retiree, or recognize a board member or employee for outstanding contribution to your company or organization. Most of these funds are administered through The Community Fund.
- Give a gift in memory of a friend or relative.
You can make a donation online now using any type of credit card by visiting our secure online profile at CanadaHelps.org or by clicking on the picture below.
We also accept donations by cheque or cash in person or through the mail, and VISA over the phone. Please contact Linda Shortt at 519-725-1806 ext. 208 for more information on making a donation.
In all cases, receipts for tax purposes are issued.