Spring 2014 grant deadline has passed. Watch here for the 2015 Deadline
**Please be sure to scroll down the entire length of this page to view ALL important information.
The KWCF supports initiatives in the issue areas outlined in the Waterloo Region's Vital Signs® report that benefit the residents of Kitchener-Waterloo and/or the surrounding areas of Wilmot, Woolwich and Wellesley Townships, and that contribute to the mission of The Foundation through the building of community.
The KWCF's Community Fund granting will strongly align with the top four priority areas as identified in the 2013 Waterloo Region's Vital Signs® Report.
Community Fund grants are awarded to high-impact programs that have an overarching objective of contributing to the culture of Belonging and Leadership in the community. This overarching objective would be reached through one or more of the following streams:
- Arts and Culture
- Health and Wellness
- Getting Started (in Canada and in life)
What we fund:
- Start-up costs for new initiatives and high impact programs
- Significant community building one-time events
- Emergency Funding
Please read the full NEW Grant Guidelines (under "Before Applying") to learn more about The KWCF's new vision and granting priorities.
1. Read the Community Fund Grant Guidelines to determine if your project is eligible for support.
2. IMPORTANT - Before beginning the application process, you must contact Chelsea Arnott, to discuss your project and to confirm that your organization is eligible to apply. Please contact Chelsea no later than two weeks prior to the grant deadline to discuss your project. (Failing to discuss your project will result in an ineligible application.)
o Why? Staff can provide additional information on granting priorities, funding limitations, the time
frame for a decision, application tips, etc.
o How? Call 519.725.1806 ext. 206 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, to set up a time to discuss your project.
How to apply? **Important**
- Applicants will be required to create an account before starting an application. You will need an active e-mail address and password.
- Next you will be asked for a "Tax ID". Enter your registered charity's CRA number (ending with RR0001) in this field in order to proceed with the application.
- Non-profits - Please Note: If you are applying and do not have a registered charitable number such as:
- a non-profit organization applying in partnership with a registered charity acting as the
intermediary charity, OR
- a municipality
Please contact The KWCF office at 519-725-1806 ext. 206 for more information on how to access the application. Do not use the charitable number of your sponsoring organization to access the grant application.
- TIP: At the bottom of every page there is a "Save and Finish Later" button. Failure to save your information to your account before exiting will result in the loss of any information you have just entered.
Accessing the application:
Already started an application? Click MY ACCOUNT to access your account.
Please note: The School Greening application link can be found below under "School Greening Projects".
If you experience any technical difficulties with the application, please e-mail us.
Click the links below to download any of the following documents:
Download our Community Fund Grant Guidelines
Download our Community Fund Attachments Checklist
Download our Submission Checklist
Download our Community Fund Work Plan